At Our Couch

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Star Wars Bonus DVD

Got the fancy bonus DVD that comes with the new (and only) relase of the Star Wars trilogy on DVD. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but have not purchased the trilogy on DVD yet, because I'm holding out for the original cut, not the new "tweaked" edition. But, my pal Netflix let me see the special 4th DVD that came in that set.

Aside from the Empire of Dreams documentary on the history of the trilogy, the DVD is kinda sparse. A few featurettes, a few trailers & commercials... but not what I would expect. There's so much out there, and so many deleted scenes & outtakes, I was kinda dissapointed that there wasn't more of that. The few sneak peeks at Episode III looked pretty awesome, but after Episodes I & II, I'm going to try and not get excited, so I won't be so let down.

There's also a hidden outtake reel, that's kinda funny...but again, very sparse.

Empire of Dreams is the meat and potatoes of the bonus disc, and it really delivers. That doc is easily 5 stars. The rest of the bonus features just didn't deliver what I wanted, but as far as Star Wars fans are concerned this is NOT the final version of the trilogy on DVD, but a hastily put together deal. So maybe in the next incarnation of the trilogy on DVD, fans will get all the hours and hours of extras they want.

THUMBS UP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home