At Our Couch

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Fubar: The Movie

What a disappointment. What I thought was going to be a REAL documentary on some mullet-clad alcoholics, and their daily antics, turned out to be a fake documentary...complete with tragic death and terminal illness.

While it was still funny to see actors shot-gunning beers relentlessly and trying to 'GIVE-'ER' at every turn, it pales in comparison to seeing the real thing.

I suppose if I had gone into it knowing it was fake, I'd probably feel different about it. As it stands though, I'm going to have to say...

THUMBS DOWN

2 Comments:

  • although terry and dean are just acting, all the bangers the run into (the girls, the guys fighting in the parking lot, the ugly dude on the bike) are all real....they had no idea it was all a joke.

    These guys live in my hometown and regularly tour the bar in their full banger regalia...so most Calgarians (myself included) seem to have a soft spot for this movie.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 29, 2005 at 12:33 PM  

  • yeah, i think if i had gone into it being in on the joke, i would have probably loved this one.

    By Blogger Lonny Unitus, at April 3, 2005 at 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home