At Our Couch

Thursday, May 19, 2005

REVENGE OF THE SITH

Wow.

It completely blew me away.

Going in I assumed it was going to be the best of the new Star Wars movies. I had high hopes. I was pretty sure the majority of it would kick ass, but I was not prepared for it to get to me as much as it did.

Being a life-long fan of the saga, only now do I realize how much emotional attachment I have with these films. A lot. From start to stop of Sith, I was hooked. I was involved.

Sure, it wasn't perfect. Some things seemed rushed. Some scenes were cheesy. Some dialogue was just plain bad. But the faults to triumps ratio was heavily in favor of the movie's triumphs. I would love to see some of the subplots expanded upon, and hope that the dvd release might include some of the "cut for time" scenes.

Phantom Menace was 20 years of hype come to an end. Attack of the Clones was "going-through-the-motions" filler...but Sith delivers. It bridges the trilogies, and shows you in a very no-nonsense way, the decent of Anakin.

I'm going again Saturday, and I can hardly wait to see it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home